Line o’ the Day:
In the new trailer for 2012 director Roland Emmerich blows up:
- The Capitol building
- The Washington Monument
- The Sistine Chapel
- The USS John Kennedy
- The… Lincoln Memorial?
- That big Jesus statue in Brazil (Cristo Redentor?)
- A Winnebago
- The Eiffel Tower?
- An entire train
- Air Force One
I heard Michael Bay and Stephen Sommers watched this together and started making out halfway through.
SOMMERS: Ah wish ah could quit you.
BAY: (*explosion sound*)*
I also enjoy how every “event-sized” movie has to have a building explode onto the camera during the trailer. It’s like CGI bukkake. [Filmdrunk]
ROCK YOU LIKE A NEWSICANE:
- Killer Plants [Bloomberg]
- [Eric Margolis] Obama and the Muslim World
- 36 South Starts Hyperinflation Bet After Black Swan
- The Great Inflation Debate
- Obama’s Formula for Accelerating Inflation
- Biggest Shift in U.S. Health Care Needs 45-Day Sprint
- The Bailout of the Insurers
- The Bizarre US Treasury Bond Caper
- Japan and the Financial Crisis: Deja vu?
- California Sinking
- Urban Legends of Professional Wrestling: “Sheik Adnan Al-Kaissey describes seeing Andre screwing – ‘like a lion raping a rabbit’. “
- [Salon] Friends without Money
- Haaretz Poll: Most Israelis could with a Nuclear Iran
- “Zombies are a Liberal Parable”. Not sure what to make of that.
- [Deadspin] Journalist Who Bravely Uncovered McGwire’s (Perfectly Legal, Over-The-Counter) Drug Use Up For HOF Award
- [Deadspin] Note To Sportswriters: Wide Receivers Aren’t Actually Divas
- Junk Bond Reckoning
- [Bailout Nation] Was TARP a stealth bailout of Citigroup?
- [Bloomberg] Cap Medical Malpractice, Not Malpractice Awards
- [Caroline Baum via Bloomberg] Fed’s Soup Kitchen Becomes Magnet for Lobbyists
- [i09] 50 Glorious Sci-Fi Movie Intros
- North Korea qualifies for the World Cup
- The Story of 9 Failed Currencies
- [Bloomberg] The Rise of PennyMac
- [WSJ Blog] Short-Selling Ban: Policy Failure or Success?